Monster Jam 2013
Utah's Classic 103.5 The Arrow and Advance Auto Parts bring you Monster Jam 2013 at Energy Solutions Arena - February 15-16, 2013 sponsored by Maverik Adventures First Stop!
Take our Trivia Quiz below and win a family 4-pack if tickets!
Check answers later here.
Monster Jam is an incredible family-friendly experience starring the biggest performers on four wheels! Monster Jam monster trucks! These twelve-feet-tall, ten-thousand-pound machines will bring you to your feet, racing and ripping up a custom-designed track full of obstacles to soar over - OR smash through. Monster Jam provides a massive night's entertainment tailored perfectly for your family's budget, and these colorful, larger-than-life beasts are sure to capture the hearts of both young and old at Energy Solutions Arena - February 15-16, 2013!
Saturday 2:00 PM 7:30PM
*Pit Party is on Saturday 11:00am – 1:00 PM. Must have a Saturday 2 PM event ticket along with a pit pass to enter Pit Party.
Get your tickets today at www.smithstix.com/events/family/monster-trucks, Visit the EnergySolutions Arena Box Office or by phone at (800) 888-TIXX
Receive a $5 Off Adult Discount at participating Maverik locations! Visit www.monsterjamonline.com for participating locations.
Trucks Appearing at Event: Grave Digger, El Toro Locco, Mowhawk Warrior, Monster Mutt Dalmation, Devastator, Titan, Maverik Monster Trakker, Incinerator, Shocker
Monster Truck Facts:
• Height – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
• Width – Approximately 12’ / 3.6 Meters
• Length – Approximately 20’ / 6 Meters
• Weight – 10,000 lbs / 4500 Kilograms
• Tire Size – 66”/ 167cm / 1.7 Meters X 43”/ 109cm / 1 meter on a 25” / 63.5 cm Tall Wheel
• Motor Type – Supercharged Fuel Injected Big Block American V8
• Motor Size – less than 575 cubic Inches / 9.4 Liters displacement
• Horsepower – 1350 – 2000+
• Top Speed – 70 MPH/113 KM/H, Monster trucks are equipped with tachometers which measure
the working speed of an engine versus speedometers which measure vehicle speed
• Suspension Travel – 20-32” Fully adjustable Nitrogen or Coilovers
• Driver Safety
o 5 Point Racing Harness
o Fire Resistant Suit, Shoes, Gloves and Racing Helmet
• Transport Trailer (loaded) – 62,000 lbs / 28,000 Kilograms
Monster Jam Events:
• At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in two different forms of competition -- side-by-side racing and freestyle:
o Side-by-side racing – traditional bracket racing, where the first truck, with the least amount of penalties, crosses the finish line is declared the winner.
o Freestyle competition – allows drivers a limited amount of time on the open floor to show off their skills. In this category, the fans serve as the judges.
• 2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
• More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
• The World Finals in Las Vegas, NV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
• A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles / 72,400 kilometers a year by land to attend events.
• Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
• Steel body full-size cars are the vehicles typically crushed during a monster truck event.
o Cars, as well as vans, buses, motor homes, airplanes and ambulances, are attained from local junkyards and returned after each event.
o Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.