Bono, fronter for U2, has landed a spot on Forbes magazine's list of the top ten Most Influential Celebrities. The singer took the number eight position and was the only musician on the list.
The rankings are based on calculations devised by the E-Poll Research company E-Score Celebrity service, which compiles the list using 46 different attributes. Bono scored a 37 percent influential rating, with his most notable attribute being "activist."
According to the mag, he earned his spot for his global campaigning for human rights and advocacy for the less fortunate.
Forbes' Top 10 Most Influential Celebs:
1. Oprah Winfrey, 48 percent, compassionate
2. Steven Spielberg, 47 percent, interesting
3. Martin Scorsese, 42 percent, dynamic
4. Ron Howard, 41 percent, down to earth
5. George Lucas, 41 percent, trend-setter
6. Dr. Mehmet Oz, 40 percent, good energy
7. Barbara Walters, 37 percent, classy
8. Bono, 37 percent, activist
9. Suze Orman 37 percent, good energy
10. Clint Eastwood, 36 percent, unique
Copyright(c) 2013 RTTNews.com. All Rights Reserved