REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent are raising money on their current tour for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. Four hundred tickets for Tuesday's performance at the MassMutual Center in Springfield are being made available at a price of $26.20.
Fans who purchase the tickets using the promo code "ONEFUND" will see all the proceeds from the purchase going to One Fund Boston, which was established immediately after last week's bombing.
"We feel such sadness for those innocent people in Boston who have suffered so much and are still suffering now. We think of those victims of senseless violence as we sign the guitar which is to be donated on their behalf each night. In our small way, we do what we do," said REO in a presser.
The three classic rock acts are also raffling off signed guitars at each of their tour stops with 75% of the proceeds to be donated to a local charity in Boston to help victims of the recent explosions. The remaining 25% will go to other local charities.
Copyright(c) 2013 RTTNews.com. All Rights Reserved